5 tips for a sparkling pool
Now that summer’s here, it’s time to make sure your pool is in tip top condition to enjoy on hot summer days and warm summer nights. Here are a few tips to ensure your pool is sparkling and ready to enjoy any time.
- Check the filter is clean and in good working order: a dirty filter can result in cloudy water.
- Keep the skimmer box clean and free of debris. A skimmer box that’s clogged up with leaves means the pump has to work harder and is less efficient.
- The same applies to the pump basket – cleaning out the pump basket regularly makes for a more efficient pump and filter, resulting in cleaner, clearer water.
- Today, most pool cleaning systems are fully automated to vacuum debris off the bottom of the pool, however removing leaves and other debris from the surface before it sinks to the pool bed (where it is harder to remove), makes the filtration system more efficient. It can also help reduce the possibility of leaves staining the bottom of the pool.
- Add extra sparkle to your pool by adding a clarifier to the water. There are a number of products on the market and each serve a different purpose. Some pools are susceptible to a build up of calcium; pools that get used lots, especially by kids, may need help removing residual oils from sunscreen.
By spending only 10-15 minutes a week caring for your pool means you have more time to relax and enjoy your pool!
Categories: Hints & Tips