Beautifully crafted timber windows
For many years now Comdain Homes has partnered with Stegbar, Australia’s most trusted name in windows, to help create our beautiful custom built homes.
Each Stegbar timber window is designed and crafted to capture the natural beauty, warmth and strength unique to timber. There are a number of different profiles you can choose from, each one delivers timeless elegance that is both functional and highly attractive
- Combining innovative design and traditional quality joinery techniques, the wide frame and sash profiles of Stegbar custom built architectural windows enhance the visual character of timber, allowing them to complement both our contemporary and traditional home designs.
- Double hung, or sash, windows offer a timeless character and provide the ultimate in ventilation control, allowing you to direct air through the top, bottom, or both sashes together.
- Stegbar timber awning windows use a slimline profile, creating a contemporary look and feel, and are ideal to use in situations where furniture or kitchen benches prevent easy access to the window. They can also be left partly open during inclement weather, allowing continuous ventilation, while at the same time not allowing the inclement weather in.
- The classic style of casement windows encapsulates the essence of traditional window design and complement both traditional and modern facades. Casement windows provide excellent ventilation control due to their unique 90° pivot stays which open in such a way as to partially centre the sash, thereby capturing the breeze from any direction.
- Traditionally, bi-fold windows have been a cut-down version of bi-fold doors – this means wide sash frames with bulky hinges and hardware. Stegbar’s cleverly designed timber bi-fold windows have narrower frames and dedicated hardware, so that either opened or closed you can still enjoy unobstructed panoramic views.
Combining innovative design and traditional quality joinery techniques, timber windows are a significant feature of every home. Additionally, timber is a natural insulator, making timber windows more thermally efficient than aluminum windows.
If you’d like more assistance selecting Stegbar windows to suit the style of your custom built, luxury home, please speak to one of our experienced designers, we’d be happy to help you.
Posted: 22nd February 2016